directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Renaming 1.1.0 branch to 1.1.x
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:40:59 GMT
Our general strategy up to this point has been to create a GA branch like
1.1 to apply bug fixes on that branch.  From there you release bug fix
releases like 1.1.1, 1.1.2, ... 1.1.N.  The 1.1 name implies the same as
1.1.x.  It would be nice to use the same technique across our projects
regardless of what is chosen.

This keeps it so history shows your bug fixes on that branch since it was
copied over from the trunk.  I can do a svn log --stop-on-copy and see all
the bug fixes that took place across releases on that branch.

The trunk is always the bleeding edge unless of course you have some
experimental branches or big bang like work that may cause breakage.

HTH,
Alex