directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Injection of invalid ObjectClasses...
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:22:34 GMT
Hi E,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just wanted to have a second thought. Here is what bugs me :
>
> - we have a valid entry
> - we modify it with a new ObjectClass, which is not valid ( "test", for
> instance)

You mean to say:

(1) the objectClass does not exists?
(2) objectClass exists but the modification does not include the required
MUST attributes associated with the new objectClass?

> Q1 : should the server accept this?

In either of the cases #1 & #2 above I think the modification should be
rejected with an error.

> My personnal guess would be : no, but the DIRSEVER-791 test accept it. So
> Q2: Should we modify the test accordingly to my guess ?

Yeah it will need to change then I agree.  Stefan Z. you have any thought on
this?

Alex