directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Problems with instances and apacheds-tools
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 04:38:43 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:

> I remember discussing this on IRC at some point, but it seems like there
> was some talk of re-writing the apacheds-tools and that would attempt to
> accommodate the path changes.  I have never really looked at the code for
> apacheds-tools so I am not sure what to suggest off the top of my head.

OK. I was wondering if you did anything in there.

> Could the tools be modified to accept an instance argument and use
> instance relative paths?

Yeah this was exactly what I was thinking.  At this point we have a -i
switch used for the software installation path.  I think we can infer the
installation root from the classpath because the apacheds-tools.jar is on
that path.  Then we can use the -i switch for the instance name.

Is the folder for instances always going to be /var/lib/apacheds-${version}
for all *NIX systems? We're ok on Windows with a ${install.home}/instances
or something similar.

Alex