directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installer problem with attempt to delete opt directory
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:39:23 GMT
This is a total mess.  I fixed the spring-xbean issues.  Now I've moved on
to discover that the installation footprint following the linux standards
for placing the db into /var/ directories etc breaks the dump code.   It
will also make it hard to implement the index command as well in later
releases.

That means while all this fancy separation of directories into different
areas of the file system was going on we never stopped to consider the
impact that it would have on the server-tools commands like dump.  It's
broken now.

On top of that I screwed up the release of the Daemon project which still
references the 10-SNAPSHOT version of the TLP pom.  I'll have to re-release
this bumping up the revision.

I will NOT fix these server-tools.jar issues now and will just deploy things
as they are for now.  We'll need to release again soon to fix this mess.

Alex