directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Fwd: Java Service Wrapper
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 22:07:09 GMT
Yet another thing to worry about for this release.  Pierre you know if we're
using the GPL or MIT licensed version of the wrapper?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roy T. Fielding <>
Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Subject: Java Service Wrapper

The Java Service Wrapper is being used (and sometimes redistributed) by
many of our Java projects (ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Geronimo, OFBiz, Tomcat).
It was formerly available under an MIT/BSD style license, as can be seen
in the 3.2.3 version at

More recent versions of the product are currently under dual GPLv2
and commercial licensing.

And yet no mention of its license is found in our documentation.

and the only pages we have that refer to the old version are in Geronimo

If your project is currently distributing or telling users to make use of
the Java Service Wrapper, please be sure that we only use the old licensed
version, that our documentation points to the old site, and that when we do
point folks to (which we should do because some
users are not allergic to GPLv2) we should also point out that the newer
versions are under different licenses (GPLv2/commercial).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message