directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed build changes
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:21:29 GMT
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:50 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've committed these changes
>
> project rev 643768
> shared rev 643769
> apacheds rev 643775
> installers rev 643776,643777

Thanks will take a look here in a little bit.

> Installers are not quite done.  I've supplied the root LICENSE and NOTICE
> files and appended-resources/META-INF/LICENSE and NOTICE files for
> apacheds-noarch but I don't understand how the apacheds-installers project
> works.  If it could be arranged to reuse the jar assembled in noarch that
> would seem ideal to me.

The installer (daemon if Pierre did not rename it) plugin will not use this
uberjar.  Instead all the jars are collected into a lib directory to be used
in the install image.

> I can't determine the spring copyright (years or holder)  We should try
> harder to fix this before release.

OK

> There's a bit of cruft left in the noarch module.
>
> I still think that including the entire bouncycastle jar is risky at best.
>  i think it would be a good idea to check that java 5 doesn't supply the
> needed functions and if not consider extracting just the files needed for
> the specific uses we have in mind.

Java 5 does not supply what we need unfortunately.  There is no licensing
conflict with including bouncycastle.  Separating what we need may be too
much of a hassle.  I can give it a try and see just how much we need.  I'll
create a new shared-bouncycastle module then to maintain our subset.

Any ideas on how best to do this?

Alex