directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Boorshtein" <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject [Kerberos Client] Authentication always succeeds?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 01:50:05 GMT
ApacheDSers,

I've integrated the kerberos client into MyVD, but have found that no matter
what password I give I don't get any errors.  Here's my code:

KerberosPrincipal clientPrincipal = new KerberosPrincipal( userPrincipalName
);
        KdcConnection con = new KdcConnection( this.hostname );

        try {
            KerberosTicket tgt = con.getTicketGrantingTicket(
clientPrincipal, new String(pwd.getValue()) );
            con.getServiceTicket(tgt, new KerberosPrincipal("krbtgt/
test.mydomain.com@test.mydomain.com"));
        } catch (KdcConnectionException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
            throw new
LDAPException(dn.toString(),LDAPException.INVALID_CREDENTIALS,"Invalid
Credentials");
        } finally {
            con.disconnect();
        }

The odd thing is that when I use wireshark to see what the network traffic
looks like, there's no traffic over port 88 to my KDC (AD 2003).

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Marc