directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Client and server libraries?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:32:17 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
> ApacheDSers,
>
> I'm looking to implement Kerberos for JLDAP (for MyVirtualDirectory).  I've
> got JNDI's Kerberos support working, but I don't like it all that much and
> would like to integrate Kerberos into JLDAP.  I know you guys have
> implemented a server side library, do you guys have a client side kerberos
> implementation?

There is a client implementation, but the focus was on getting the
minimum working to support integration tests of our own server and the
JAAS Kerberos client was too rigid in it's configuration.  I'm sure as
soon as you tried it you'd find it was missing features you needed.
But, it does do basic ticket acquisition and it allows us to test
GSSAPI/Kerberos authentication to our own LDAP impl as well as
integration-test our Change Password client, too.

Enrique