directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Modifications to JDBM
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:14:22 GMT
Hi Alex,

while modifying the server (directory), I had to modify the JDBM code to
add a setter for the BTree class (setValueSerializer()), simply because
I need to use a specail serialize, which takes a set of data in order to
be able to create deserialized objects. The fact is that if we already
have a file containing some data, the BTree ressucitate the
valueSerialalizer from the file, using a standard deserialization process.

I think I can modify the RecordManager in order to create a new instance
of the ValueSerializer, but I find this a little bit cumbersome.

Anyway, I just want to know if we can do this modification on the JDBM
code base, if there is any chance that a JDBM 1.0.1 can be release, or
if we simply have to fork the project and define it as a subproject of ADS ?

wdyt ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny