directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Injection of invalid ObjectClasses...
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:21:15 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> just wanted to have a second thought. Here is what bugs me :
>
> - we have a valid entry
> - we modify it with a new ObjectClass, which is not valid ( "test", for
> instance)
>
> Q1 : should the server accept this?
>
> My personnal guess would be : no, but the DIRSEVER-791 test accept it. So

No, I think the server must reject it.

Do you mean the
org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.DIRSERVER791IT.java? The test
testDefect2() tries to add an non-existing objectClass "test", the
server rejects this and when reading the entry after that the
objectClass attribute doesn't contain the "test" objectClass. So I think
this test is correct. We should just change the Javadoc because it still
describes the defect but not the intention of the test.