directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: ApacheDS-Documentation
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:56:45 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> I do have severe problems building it from sandbox (see at the end). I
> don't think this is a mvn 2.0.9 problem, but probably a missing
> definition in the repository section of the pom. Does the
> apacheds-documentation will become a submodule of the apacheds (and be
> built only together with apacheds)? In this case it'll work. Otherwise
> and/or for more general build purpose following patch can be applied to
> use snapshot dependencies (for parent pom):

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the feedback! It has to be discussed, but the basic idea was,
to locate the documentation below apacheds. Whether as submodule, I
don't know due to missing maven skills. Stefan Seelmann and PAM have
created this project in my sandbox. One of our current problems is that
the documentation is not linked to the development stream, and with each
new major version, a new Confluence space has been created.

Placing the content in subversion will hopefully bring us the advantage
of versioning/branching etc. the documentation together with the server.

I think it should be able to checkout and manipulate the documentation
without the complete server, if possible.

But we are currently in a proof of concept phase. Therefore your advice
and ideas are highly welcome.

Greetings,
     Stefan