directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS for ASF
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:25:15 GMT
Just a quick heads up for Graham, mainly :

we have had a BoF last thursday where we discussed about using ADS to
manage the ASF. To make a long story short, we agreed on a few things :
- we have to install ADS on the zone Graham created
- we must first try to manage our own users (ADS users)
- we have to define complete and validated uses-cases for what we want to do
- to avoid f*cking up access to the ASF servers for our users, we must
be sure that we keep the current text file updated
- we might start with access to Confluence, as it's not a critical component
- some sites like Jim's page
(http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html) or
http://people.apache.org/committers.html might also be seen as perfect
target for initial experimentations

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> I suggest we discuss that during AMS, and have a chat session then.
>> Alex is just totally dead (he finished the release last night), and
>> will be flying tomorrow morning.
>
> I emphathise, was flying over Easter and was wiped out afterwards...
>
>> I may also create a place on the directory wiki where we can discuss
>> the project.
>
> That may be an idea.
>
> Part of the driver for getting a proper LDAP server going is that I
> have just landed some more user friendly login module options with
> httpd, meaning that it is easier to create a per user website (backed
> by LDAP) for the ASF.
>
>> PS : I saw that you were moving from Africa to London ? A new job
>> there ?
>
> Been in London for the last year or so, finally got round to updating
> my details :)
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --