directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS LDAP codec streaming
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:56:59 GMT
Norval Hope wrote:
> As there was no feedback to my initial ping about this streaming
> problem I thought I'd garner more interest
Hi Norval,

sorry for the delay, we were all moving to Apache conference in
Masterdam, so we didn't had time to check all our emails...
> by updating a vanilla 1.5 check-out and see if I can put some debug
> messages in the right place to show the event queue growing by an
> entry for each search result, if indeed the problem is still evident
> in 1.5. I noticed some directory have been restructured when I updated
> and also found I needed to update to at least Maven 2.0.6 so I went
> for the latest version of 2.0.8. <http://2.0.8.>
Thanks for having spent time to provide more information !

> [...]

> have for
> this artifact:
>
>     o GroupID:     org.apache.directory.installers
>     o ArtifactID:  apacheds-noarch-installer
>     o Version:     1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
>     o Type:        jar
>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
> {org.apache.d
> irectory.installers:apacheds-noarch-installer:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT:jar}: An
> attached
> artifact must have a different ID than its corresponding main artifact.
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.artifact.AttachedArtifact.<init>(AttachedArt
> ifact.java:51)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectHelper.attachArtifact(Def
> aultMavenProjectHelper.java:53)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(A
> bstractAssemblyMojo.java:295)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
> nManager.java:447)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
> Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
> ltLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
> dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
> ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
> fecycleExecutor.java:143)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:282)
>         at
> java:39)
>         at
> sorImpl.java:25)
>         at
>         at

> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 21 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 09 12:24:27 EST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 25M/47M
> [INFO]
> Unable to access jarfile
> target/apacheds-noarch-installer-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-app.jar
>
> ==================================================================================================
>
> Does anyone know what I should do to get around this problem?
Gimme a few time so that I can check on my computer if I get the same
problem. May I suggest you try to run the
/project/resources/superclean.sh script, rebuild the full project with a
mvn clean install and try to run the apacheds.sh script ? You may are
using an old version of some jars, and the superclean.sh will remove all
the apacheds jars from your local maven repository.

In any case, we are just releasing ADS 1.5.2 today.

Be ready to get some latency from us as we are all pretty busy with
presentations, talks - and beers :) - but we will do our best to help
you withn the problem, considereing that we if the server has the
problem you mentionned, then it's a *big* bug.

Thanks Norval !

> Thanks

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny