directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I compile for Java 1.5?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:49:45 GMT

Where are the sources coming from ? Can you give us the command you used
to get the sources on your computer ?

> *** Strange, I guess the latest 1.0.x pom is downloaded? I didn't
> notice 1.0.5 was used...
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/build/1.0.5/build-1.0.5.pom

This is totally different. We are using 4 different sub-projects :
- apacheds
- daemon
- installers
- project
- shared

Each project has its own version. As you may have noticed, shared is
version 0.9.5.3. The 1.0.5 version applies to the 'project' version
> It's just that the API seems to have changed too. F.e. a previous
> schema compile that worked fine no longer works and produces compile
> errors that aren't 1.5 related, but class files that are completely
> missing:
It seems that the maven build you are using is not the good one...

> Is there an easy way perhaps for me to force maven to use an older 1.0
> instead of 1.0.5 so I can build the schema?
No, because this is unrelated.

Let me try to build ADS 1.0 and come back to you.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org