directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: How do I compile for Java 1.5?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 03:43:54 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Mark Swanson wrote:
>> Hello,
> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the latest stable version of ADS: 1.0 :-)
> Which version exactly ?
I note from the maven logs:
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-core-shared/1.0.0/apacheds-core-shared-1.0.0.jar

Downloading: http://m2.safehaus.org/jdbm/jdbm/1.0/jdbm-1.0.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/shared/shared-asn1/0.9.5.3/shared-asn1-0.9.5.3.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-core/1.0.0/apacheds-core-1.0.0.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mina/mina-filter-ssl/1.0.0/mina-filter-ssl-1.0.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-core/1.0.0/apacheds-core-1.0.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/server/build/1.0.0/build-1.0.0.pom

*** Strange, I guess the latest 1.0.x pom is downloaded? I didn't notice
1.0.5 was used...
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/build/1.0.5/build-1.0.5.pom

> Where does it come from (did you get it from trunk or from a branch ?)
>> and for some reason I can't compile my custom schema because the
>> compiler is strangely defaulting to Java 1.3:
>
> What you have here is some errors because the generated schema
> contains generics, which are not allowed in java 1.4. ADS 1.0.x is not
> intended to be compiled using java 1.5, but of course it can be
> compiled with a 1.5 compiler. The thing is that we have forced the 1.4
> version in order to avoid committing some code which requests Java 5...

It's just that the API seems to have changed too. F.e. a previous schema
compile that worked fine no longer works and produces compile errors
that aren't 1.5 related, but class files that are completely missing:

/mnt/md3/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

/mnt/md3/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

/mnt/md3/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[38,40]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwNameFormProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

Is there an easy way perhaps for me to force maven to use an older 1.0
instead of 1.0.5 so I can build the schema?

Thanks!