directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <>
Subject Re: How do I compile for Java 1.5?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 03:43:54 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Mark Swanson wrote:
>> Hello,
> Hi,
>> I'm using the latest stable version of ADS: 1.0 :-)
> Which version exactly ?
I note from the maven logs:

*** Strange, I guess the latest 1.0.x pom is downloaded? I didn't notice
1.0.5 was used...

> Where does it come from (did you get it from trunk or from a branch ?)
>> and for some reason I can't compile my custom schema because the
>> compiler is strangely defaulting to Java 1.3:
> What you have here is some errors because the generated schema
> contains generics, which are not allowed in java 1.4. ADS 1.0.x is not
> intended to be compiled using java 1.5, but of course it can be
> compiled with a 1.5 compiler. The thing is that we have forced the 1.4
> version in order to avoid committing some code which requests Java 5...
It's just that the API seems to have changed too. F.e. a previous schema
compile that worked fine no longer works and produces compile errors
that aren't 1.5 related, but class files that are completely missing:

package does not exist

package does not exist

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwNameFormProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

Is there an easy way perhaps for me to force maven to use an older 1.0
instead of 1.0.5 so I can build the schema?

View raw message