directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: How do I compile for Java 1.5?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:37:17 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> 1.0 is locked in at JDK 1.4.  Is this offending AttributeTypeProducer
>> one that you provide as an override to the schema plugin or is it
>> generated?
> Generated.
> Fwiw I would happily change whatever is required to compile at Java 1.5.
>> If generated then we have a big problem.  It means someone on our
>> team decided to use generics in the 1.0 codebase.  This is something
>> we need to fix.  Until then the 1.0 trunk will be broken.
>>
> Fwiw I'm not using trunk that I'm aware of.
> I just did a mvn -e install like usual. I haven't had to do this in a
> while so I can't be sure when it stopped working.
>
> I'd be grateful if you could point me to the code that hard codes
> javac to 1.4 so I can fix this now.
> Fwiw I think it's fine to mandate Java 1.5 as the minimum. (speaking
> for me only of course)
>
> Cheers.

FYI there are bigger problems than Java 1.5.
Maven grabs apacheds 1.0.0 jars. I double checked.

The generated schema files will not compile at all for loads of reasons.
I've manually fixed the Java 1.5 dependencies and tried to compile. I
get the following errors. Maybe the pom.xml file I've been using for
ages is no longer valid. I've pasted it at the end in case a simple fix
comes to mind...

Atm it would seem that the only way someone can provide their own
schemas to the ADS stable build is to find a schema file that compiled
correctly at one point, reverse engineer the java files and hand modify
them/compile them / package them. If there is an easier way please let
me know. I really need to add an attribute to my schema.

Cheers.

[INFO] Compilation failure

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[38,40]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwNameFormProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwNameFormProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwNameFormProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[27,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[29,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[40,45]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwAttributeTypeProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[57,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[57,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleProducer.java:[38,44]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwMatchingRuleProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwMatchingRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwMatchingRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxProducer.java:[38,38]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwSyntaxProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwSyntaxProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwSyntaxProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:[38,45]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwSyntaxCheckerProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwSyntaxCheckerProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwSyntaxCheckerProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleUseProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleUseProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleUseProducer.java:[38,47]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwMatchingRuleUseProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleUseProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwMatchingRuleUseProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwMatchingRuleUseProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwMatchingRuleUseProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSchema.java:[25,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwSchema.java:[35,30]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapSchema
public class SwSchema extends AbstractBootstrapSchema

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitContentRuleProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitContentRuleProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitContentRuleProducer.java:[38,46]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwDitContentRuleProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitContentRuleProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwDitContentRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitContentRuleProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwDitContentRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitStructureRuleProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitStructureRuleProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitStructureRuleProducer.java:[38,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwDitStructureRuleProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitStructureRuleProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwDitStructureRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwDitStructureRuleProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwDitStructureRuleProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNormalizerProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNormalizerProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNormalizerProducer.java:[38,42]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwNormalizerProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNormalizerProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwNormalizerProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNormalizerProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwNormalizerProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwObjectClassProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwObjectClassProducer.java:[28,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwObjectClassProducer.java:[39,43]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwObjectClassProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwObjectClassProducer.java:[56,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwObjectClassProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwObjectClassProducer.java:[56,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwObjectClassProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwComparatorProducer.java:[24,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwComparatorProducer.java:[26,0]

package org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap does not exist

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwComparatorProducer.java:[38,42]

cannot find symbol
symbol: class AbstractBootstrapProducer
public class SwComparatorProducer extends AbstractBootstrapProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwComparatorProducer.java:[54,25]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Registries
location: class com.wss.SwComparatorProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwComparatorProducer.java:[54,48]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class ProducerCallback
location: class com.wss.SwComparatorProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwNameFormProducer.java:[42,15]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum
location: class com.wss.SwNameFormProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[45,15]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[61,8]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : class BootstrapAttributeType
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[80,47]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable EMPTY
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[100,47]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable EMPTY
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

a/mswanson/src/calendar/apacheds/scheduleworld-schema/target/generated-sources/com/wss/SwAttributeTypeProducer.java:[120,47]

cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable EMPTY
location: class com.wss.SwAttributeTypeProducer

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.wss</groupId>
  <artifactId>scheduleworld-schema</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Schema Project</name>
  <url>http://directory.apache.org/</url>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
      <artifactId>apacheds-core</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
      <artifactId>apacheds-server-unit</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>nlog4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.25</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <!-- Uncomment to override default jar naming convention
    <finalName>car-schema.jar</finalName>
    -->

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
        <artifactId>apacheds-core-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <schemaSourcesDir>src/main/schema</schemaSourcesDir>
          <schemas>
            <schema>
              <name>sw</name>
              <pkg>com.wss</pkg>