directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.5.2
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 18:47:51 GMT
Hi,

Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Kick the Tires: Installers
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Various native installers for the build are available here:
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/candidates/1.5.2/
>
> Therein you'll find installers for windows, macosx, and various flavors
> of Linux.  Where applicable there are 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the
> installers.
>
> Note a suite installer is included for ApacheDS and Studio combined.
> This will install both and configure a connection in Studio to connect
> to ApacheDS.

I found the following problem on Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 beta: /var/run is
mounted as a tmpfs. After a restart all its content is purged. When
trying to start with

  $sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default console

I get the message

wrapper  | ERROR: Could not write pid file
/var/run/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/default.pid: No such file or directory

because /var/run/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT doesn't exist.

We have to take care to mkdir /var/run/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT in the
init script if it doesn't exits.

Kind Regards,
Stefan