directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are we now downloading source packages when building the sources ?
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:22:22 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing, but since we started using
> xbean the build requires the source jars of the modules with the
> components in them.
We didn't started using xbean 2 days ago, no ? In any case, see the
attachment. This is what I get when I do a mvn eclipse:eclipse at the
top level.

> I can think of 2 recent changes that might affect this....
> - build changes for 1.5.2 release
> - new CI server that pushes snapshots frequently.
May be (1). (2) is not possible.

> Also maybe there's a new maven eclipse plugin that has different behavior?
maybe ... i'm not good at maven enough to check that :)

> I have no actual idea what might have caused this change, but I don't
> think its needing source jars in the build since they have been
> required for a long time.
I _think_ that it just check if the source jars are fresh, it does not
download them. However, this is something new and costly...

Thanks David !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com