directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS for ASF
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:59:55 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Graham,

> In time for Apachecon, I'd like to give another stab at getting a
> version of ApacheDS running on the ldap.zones.apache.org zone. The
> idea would be that this would become a testbed that would eventually
> graduate off the zone and onto its own machine, but baby steps...
>
> The problem I have had to date is that I have a zone, but not the
> experience to get the server up and running and properly configured on
> that zone, and time has always been an issue.
>
> Is there anyone on the ADS list that is willing to set up an ApacheDS
> server on the ldap.zones.apache.org zone, securely configure it, and
> make it ready for populating it with data?

This is interesting ! We just discussed yesturday with Alex about having
a BoF related to using ADS for Apache. May be we can submit this BoF and
have this convo there ?

> Once it is there, the work can start with populating the directory
> with something useful, but none of that can happen till the server
> works :)
yes, that's true :)

FYI, we will all arrive around sunday (Alex) and monday (Pierre-Arnaud,
me), I don't exactly know for the other peeps (Stefan Zörner, Stefan
Seelmann and Christine Koppelt).

See you there !

Put the beers on ice !

cordialement, regards,