directory-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Chu <...@symas.com>
Subject Re: Sun and Apache will collaborate more...
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:31:09 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I just found out that Bill Gates is my real father: I've decided to stop
> working on ApacheDS. I will start working for M$ on the Active Directory
> Team. So this is great timing.

I was going to wait till the ink was dry on the contracts, but I guess I
should mention that Microsoft also invited me to be the new architect for the
Active Directory team. So in fact Alex and I will be working together at
Microsoft, effective as of 23:59:59 tonight.

They actually contacted me about a month ago, after I'd pointed out some of
their DB design flaws on the UMich LDAP list. I must admit it's been fun
hacking on OpenLDAP, but now I'll just be ordering other devs around and
making a ton of money instead.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ldap.umich/2989
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ldap.umich/2990
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ldap.umich/2991