directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Sun and Apache will collaborate more...
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:46:52 GMT
Hi guys,

after having had some convos today with some big shots at Sun, I'm very
pleased to announce that we have found some kind of agreements about
merging OpenDS into Apache Directory Server.

This is a great news, as we will benefit from more than 10 years of
experience from the SUN directory team !

In the next few daysn we will have to vote for 30 more committers, so be
ready to be flooded with VOTEs...

The new product will be named Swordfish, to follow Sun's recent naming
(Glassfish and so on). A very appropriate name !

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com