directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Renaming 1.1.0 branch to 1.1.x
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:38:44 GMT

On Apr 25, 2008, at 6:03 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to propose a renaming of the "1.1.0" branch (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/1.1.0/

>> ) to "1.1.x" (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/1.1.x/
>> ).
>>
>> This branch is (and will be) used to prepare the minor (service)
>> revisions for the 1.1.0 release and, as the 1.1.0 version is out
>> now, I think it makes no longer sense to name it 1.1.0. <http://1.1.0.
>> >

>> Any objection?
> rename it to 1.1.1, so that we all know which version is being baked.

Another strategy is to name it 1.1, and have the version either stay
at 1.1-SNAPSHOT (till the end of time) or 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT and update it
after every release.  I don't think renaming the branch after every
release will improve the ease of svn archeaology should someone want
to examine past history.

thanks
david jencks