directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject More manifest entries?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:36:35 GMT
I just noticed some other projects include more info in the jar
manifests about their provenance using something like this:

       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <archive>
             <index>true</index>
             <compress>true</compress>
             <manifestEntries>
               <Implementation-Vendor>Apache Software Foundation</
Implementation-Vendor>
               <Implementation-Vendor-Id>org.apache</Implementation-
Vendor-Id>

               <Package>org.apache.activeio</Package>
               <Extension-Name>${project.artifactId}</Extension-Name>
               <Implementation-Version>${project.version}</
Implementation-Version>

             </manifestEntries>
           </archive>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

Would this be a good idea?  I guess we could pop something like this
in the project pom.

Not sure whether or not I'll have time to play with this.

thanks
david jencks