As I try to implement this I am beginning to see some serious issues with the heuristic cited in this document.  The problem is sub-expression Cursors in the OR Cursor can be on anything: a logical expression or on an attribute Index for a simple leaf assertion.  When on an index, the results of the Cursor are sorted by the key (value of the attribute) of the index and not by ID.

The children of an OR Cursor can be on any attribute index.  This means the Cursor results are not sorted by id as supposed by this heuristic.  Instead they're sorted by attribute value.  This will lead to inconsistent results.

This heuristic is useless :(.  What a waste!  It would have been so efficient.

Alex