This folder becomes less important now however personally I'd like to keep it since I only have to check out one project.  Is this OK?

It's not absolutely necessary.  Usually I work across all these projects and my commits span across them.  It's just a convenience now for checkouts. Before the new CI server and the snapshot repo you were kind enough to setup for us, this was to prevent breakage.

Thanks,
Alex