What about having the CI server just do a mvn -Dintegration deploy?

Then all we have to do is have a CI or deployment user on p.a.o.  BTW we're probably going to need a special user for this on p.a.o.  Still going to need to install the continuum key for that user.  I guess we need to ask infra about this.  You mind inquiring or shall I?

Thanks,
Alex

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
> changes to our own pom.xml files?

Thanks for pointing.
I thought that you only want to use CI server for this (like we do now for the reporting deployment). That's way I
haven't suggested. My fault.

Of course I'd be fine and like to deploy the snapshots on p.a.o.

We have an ssh key for the user continuum on the vm094. Can we copy the pub key to the p.a.o to be able to deploy the
files directly over there from the vm094?

> (3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds on
> the CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload them to
> the standard expected location on people.apache.org
> <http://people.apache.org>.  Here's where we keep the snapshot repository:
>

> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory
>
> Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven
> dependency chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same
> version for ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as
> these branches are about to die.
>
> So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically
> for SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:
>
>      http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

That's also the place where they are tried to be deployed as snapshot without any special configuration.

> This way when projects like studio and apacheds whose builds depend on
> shared SNAPSHOT, can be checked out separately without having the builds
> fail.  Maven will automatically pull down the SNAPSHOT dependencies
> directly from this snapshot repository at Apache.

Yep. That's why I added the snapshot repository to all those projects root pom. If we can use p.a.o I can remove it
again. Probably we'll also not need the '*-with-dependencies' checkouts anymore.

Can you put the vm094 pub key from vm094:/home/continuum/.ssh/ to the p.a.o server?

Regards
Felix