On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:54 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Mar 10, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I think it's time for pumping out a 1.5.3 release before AC/EU.  I
> would like to get a release ready to be voted on by at least the
> 24th.  We can prep something and have people kicking the tires by
> the 17th.
>
> Also I want to get all the legal issues sorted out since that new
> plugin was used to take out our NOTICE files.

There have been further developments on the legal-files front -)

Good thanks for looking out on this front.

Current thinking IIUC is that:
-- there needs to by LICENSE and NOTICE files in svn at the root of
stuff you are expected to check out (trunk, branches/foo, tags/bar).
These apply to the entire checked out project.
-- all other LICENSE and NOTICE files can be generated.
-- the NOTICE file is a notice, not a list of dependencies.  Unless
we've copied code from elsewhere that needs attribution or extra
licenses the standard apache notice is fine.
-- a list of dependencies, while possibly useful, should not go in
the NOTICE file.

I've developed a resource bundle for geronimo that I think satisfies
these crieteria, and posted a note to legal-discuss about it.  I
suggest we use it here.

Sounds good we could use that instead of the standard plugin.

How about it we wait for objections on legal-discuss and for the
geronimo release vote for this to pass, then switch over to this bundle?

Sure that's fine.  Let's get that in if we can if not we can just get this release out and move on later to use that plugin.

My longer term goal is to get this to be the standard apache resource
bundle, but this may not happen immediately.

Right that would be ideal.

Alex