Thanks Kiran for the heads up.  Yes I am very interested in what you're trying to achieve.  More inline ...

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> wrote:

    Watch out for a mail from him.

Yep finally got to it.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Erik Bengtson <erik@jpox.org> wrote:
Dear,

We, JPOX a data access project, are working on an interface for LDAP via JDO
and JPA APIs.

Usage e.g. SELECT FROM Person where firstName == 'Ana'

Sounds like you're trying to wrap the LDAP access model around the relational access model.  There will be some pitfalls here and I wish I knew enough to navigate them along with JDO APIs.  I guess we can perhaps have some discussion around this.

Person.class is linked to "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" while attributes
mapped to fields.

We currently support 1-1 and 1-N relationships and will soon have a first
release.

We currently use Apache Directory for running our tests. If you see any
opportunity for collaboration between our projects please let us know.

Yes we should collaborate.  I am very interested.

Alex

Erik Bengtson
http://jpox.org