directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about CI
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:34:53 GMT
Hi Felix,

>  - - How often shall a build be done (compile/test, sitegeneration)

We have many possible options. We tried something like kicking CI
after each commit, but it leads to issues (usually, we don't commit
code in one big shot, so it launch the integration test more than
once...). I would favor a daily build (every night, something like 6am
UTC to be sure that nobody in europe or USA are impacted.

 and
>  which params shall be used for which project?
-Dintegration test seams to be mandatory. We may need some more, like install.

It could be also a good think to generate nighty builds, implying
generating some packages. To be checked.

>  - - Where shall nag mails from continuum goto?

a limited list of persons. Like the interested committers. I would
suggest the following list :
- alex
- stefan S
- stefan Z
- pierre-arnaud
- me
- david

plus anyone who want to receive a mail every day. (use filters !!!)

Thanks felix !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,