directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build changes
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 01:39:19 GMT
Hi David,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I updated the project/bigbang/pom.xml to use the latest maven-remote-
> resources-plugin and bundle.  (I've also modified the apacheds and
> shared bigbang branches to construct what I think are OK legal files).
>
> I also added a  couple more plugins that should be helpful to check
> the project "legal status":
>
> - geronimo maven-tools-plugin.  This verifies that there is a LICENSE
> and NOTICE file in every output artifact such as jar, source jar, or
> javadoc jar.  I'm surprised this functionality isn't available
> anywhere else but AFAICT it isn't.
> - maven-rat-plugin.  You run this with mvn rat:check.  I recommend
> doing a clean first.  It generates a report target/rat.txt that lists
> all the files and whether it thinks there might be something wrong
> with them as far as having a license header or suchlike.

Excellent.

> I have a couple of suggestions:
>
> 1. go with the flow, don't fight city hall, etc etc and put the tags
> in xxx/tags like everyone else instead of xxx/releases.  This would
> let us eliminate the maven-release-plugin configuration everywhere
> except project/pom.xml.

I fully agree.  If you like feel free to move our releases to tags in poms
and subversion so we don't have anything that is non-standard.

> 2. Put a release profile in project/pom.xml that is similar to the
> one maven uses.  Parameterize it something like what I have done for
> geronimo so its fairly easy to stage stuff to your people.apache.org
> location for votes.  I've written this up for geronimo and it seems
> to work, including the stage plugin and staging the site.  http://
> cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-release-process.html

I guess the whole PMC has to read up on this.  Have not read it yet myself.
Right now the release uses the release plugin with a profile for at least
ADS I can verify that it works in deploying and pgp signing etc.

Alex