directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: SnapshotRepository for Directory Studio
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:50:02 GMT
What about having the CI server just do a mvn -Dintegration deploy?

Then all we have to do is have a CI or deployment user on p.a.o.  BTW we're
probably going to need a special user for this on p.a.o.  Still going to
need to install the continuum key for that user.  I guess we need to ask
infra about this.  You mind inquiring or shall I?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Felix Knecht <> wrote:

> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> > How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
> > changes to our own pom.xml files?
> Thanks for pointing.
> I thought that you only want to use CI server for this (like we do now for
> the reporting deployment). That's way I
> haven't suggested. My fault.
> Of course I'd be fine and like to deploy the snapshots on p.a.o.
> We have an ssh key for the user continuum on the vm094. Can we copy the
> pub key to the p.a.o to be able to deploy the
> files directly over there from the vm094?
> >
> > (3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds on
> > the CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload them to
> > the standard expected location on
> > <>.  Here's where we keep the snapshot
> repository:
> >

> > /www/
> >
> > Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven
> > dependency chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same
> > version for ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as
> > these branches are about to die.
> >
> > So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically
> > for SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:
> >

> That's also the place where they are tried to be deployed as snapshot
> without any special configuration.
> >
> > This way when projects like studio and apacheds whose builds depend on
> > shared SNAPSHOT, can be checked out separately without having the builds
> > fail.  Maven will automatically pull down the SNAPSHOT dependencies
> > directly from this snapshot repository at Apache.
> Yep. That's why I added the snapshot repository to all those projects root
> pom. If we can use p.a.o I can remove it
> again. Probably we'll also not need the '*-with-dependencies' checkouts
> anymore.
> Can you put the vm094 pub key from vm094:/home/continuum/.ssh/ to the
> p.a.o server?
> Regards
> Felix

View raw message