directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SnapshotRepository for Directory Studio
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:06:18 GMT
How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
changes to our own pom.xml files?

(3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds on the
CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload them to the
standard expected location on people.apache.org.  Here's where we keep the
snapshot repository:

/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory

Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven dependency
chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same version for
ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as these branches are
about to die.

So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically for
SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:

     http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

This way when projects like studio and apacheds whose builds depend on
shared SNAPSHOT, can be checked out separately without having the builds
fail.  Maven will automatically pull down the SNAPSHOT dependencies directly
from this snapshot repository at Apache.

Alex