directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About code checking ...
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:19:58 GMT
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > it would be a cool idea if we can define a maven profile to run some
> > code checking. I know that Maven already has some plugins like :
> > - clover
> > - checkstyle
> > - docck
> > - PMD (?)
> > - project-info-reports
>
> I deployed such a site for the studio project. See
> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/projects/directory/studio/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efelixk/projects/directory/studio/>.

Looks good.  Perhaps we can link to such reports from off the main site for
the maven generated site.  Would be nice to integrate in a non-obtrusive
fashion where these reports would not take too much space ... like with some
expand node capability.

> Aggregatable reports (like JavaDocs, CPD, PMD, ...) are aggregated (hope I
> catched all of them) others (like findbugs,
> cobertura, taglist, ...) are only available when drill down to the
> modules.
>
> Please give some feedback about missing usefull reports and created
> reports unusefull reports. For the checkstyle plugin
> we would need some configuration files which I was too lazy to search for
> existence somewhere in the directory project.

We have a style file for eclipse here but it might not be usable.  I wonder
if there is a way to generate a checkstyle config file from the eclipse
format.xml.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/project/trunk/resources/

> If appreciated I'm going to add the reports to the other projects as well.
> It should be easy to change deployment url
> when having a better location to deploy to than now.

Excellent!  Thanks!

Alex