directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Community] JPOX: LDAP and JDO, JPA
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:09:43 GMT
Thanks Kiran for the heads up.  Yes I am very interested in what you're
trying to achieve.  More inline ...

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com>
wrote:

>     Watch out for a mail from him.

Yep finally got to it.

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Erik Bengtson <erik@jpox.org> wrote:
>
> > Dear,
> >
> > We, JPOX a data access project, are working on an interface for LDAP via
> > JDO
> > and JPA APIs.
> >
> > Usage e.g. SELECT FROM Person where firstName == 'Ana'

Sounds like you're trying to wrap the LDAP access model around the
relational access model.  There will be some pitfalls here and I wish I knew
enough to navigate them along with JDO APIs.  I guess we can perhaps have
some discussion around this.

> > Person.class is linked to "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" while attributes
> > mapped to fields.
> >
> > We currently support 1-1 and 1-N relationships and will soon have a
> > first
> > release.
> >
> > We currently use Apache Directory for running our tests. If you see any
> > opportunity for collaboration between our projects please let us know.

Yes we should collaborate.  I am very interested.

Alex