directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Attribute Syntax in Apache 1.5.1
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:43:32 GMT
I have a custom schema installed in Apache 1.5.1.  One of the attributes
has a syntax of 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.34.  When I try to add that
attribute to an object, I get an exception like this:

[LDAP: error code 21 - failed to modify entry
cn=parent_grp,ou=swExternal-Users: Attribute value
'CN=wN5e-Calculator-Component,OU=stoneware,dc=stoneware,dc=stone2,dc=org
#0000000b00000001' for attribute 'swarecomponentlayout' is syntactically
incorrect]; remaining name 'cn=parent_grp,ou=swExternal-Users'

This worked fine in 1.0.2.  I cannot get it to work in 1.5.1 even with
an LDAP browser.  The attribute is assigned through an AUX class.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks
Tony

may be monitored.