directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Urgent] Running Apache DS with an 'apacheds' user ?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:22:44 GMT
Hi Felix,

I finally understood why it was working for the RPM.
The default permissions are set for the 'apacheds' with this line in the
spec:
%defattr(-,apacheds,apacheds,-)
Except for the '/etc/init.d/apacheds' file which is executable and owned by
root:
%config %attr(0755, root, root) /etc/init.d/%{name}

So I think, I can overwrite the default permissions set by the .deb and .bin
installers with a 'chown apacheds:apacheds' (as you suggested) in a
post-installation script.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud