directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Urgent] Running Apache DS with an 'apacheds' user ?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:12:24 GMT
Thanks Guys,

I managed to log in as apacheds with the "sudo su - apacheds" command.

I tried to run the server using the command that launches the init script (I
already tried that under my own account but I could not test it under the
'apacheds' user as I could not log in as 'apacheds').
I still had no log.
I added write permissions for anyone to the wrapper log file, and I finally
had one log... :D
The log indicates that the pid file could not be created  (Permission
denied). This was something I was suspecting.

Now my question are:
Do I need to add special rights/permissions to the 'apacheds' user ?
And more importantly:
How the hell does it seem to work out of the box for the rpm? (and I'm
exactly doing the same thing)

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud