directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] [Urgent] Running Apache DS with an 'apacheds' user ?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:00:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to finish the new installers (.deb and .bin), and I'm facing an
issue when I'm trying to run Apache DS with an 'apacheds' user.

I looked at the RPM Spec file
(/installers/apacheds/src/main/installers/apacheds-rpm.spec) used to build
the RPM package and I've seen that it creates a group and a user called
'apacheds' on the target system and that the init script uses this
'apacheds' user to run the server.

I added the same thing in the .deb and .bin installer. The user and group
'apacheds' are well created but launching the server does not work as
expected, letting me with no log in the wrapper, nor the server.

If anyone has an idea...
Chris maybe, as you designed the RPM Spec.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud