directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Apache DS Deb installer - Testers needed
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:32:59 GMT
Hi everyone,

Here's another installer to be tested, a Deb package (for Debian based Linux
distributions).

I tested it on my machine with Ubuntu 7.10 and Java 1.5.0_13.

For those who are interested in, the installer is located here:
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/apacheds-debian-1.5<http://tr_1205232733253>
.2-SNAPSHOT.deb<http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/apacheds-debian-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.deb>

This installer will install the following things on your system:

   - ApacheDS data is installed in "/opt/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPHOT"
   - ApacheDS instances are installed in "/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPHOT
   "
   - An init script will be installed in "/etc/init.d/apacheds-
   1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default"

To start the server, run the following command:
$ /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default start

To stop the server, run the following command:
$ /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default stop

Note: As with the previous binary installer, the server is run using user
"root", I still need to figure out why this can't work when using an
"apacheds" user.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud