directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Apache DS installer for Mac OS X - Testers needed
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:06:56 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing the Apache DS installer for Mac OS X.

It seems to work very good now. I need volunteers to test it on various
environment (Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.x, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.x, Java 1.5.x,
Java 1.6.x, etc.).

I tested it on my machine with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 and Java 1.5.0_13.

For those who are interested in, the installer is located here:
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDS-MacOSX-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.dmg

This installer will install the following things on your system:

   - ApacheDS data is installed in "/usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPHOT"
   - a "apacheds" shell script is installed at "/usr/bin/apacheds" (for
   easy access in the command line)
   - a "org.apache.directory.server.plist" file is installed at
   "/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.directory.server.plist" (this file
   automatically launches the server at boot time)

The installer automatically launches the server after the install.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud