directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About code checking ...
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:30:03 GMT

On Mar 18, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> Felix Knecht schrieb:
>> Hi Stefan
>>> Hi Felix,
>>>
>>> just a stupid question: how could I generate these reports on my
>>> local machine?
>> There are no stupid questions, only silly answers ;-)
>>
>> You can to 'mvn site:stage-deploy' and should find the generated
>> stuff somewhere in target/*.
>> for studio e.g. target/staging/vm094.oxylos.org/var/www/html/
>> projects/studio/index.html
>>
> Hmmm... Maybe it's only mvn site:stage.
>
> But the problem in general is that links among submodules don't
> seem to work correctly when only staging :-( It exists an issue
> about this I think.

I was working on this kind of stuff recently and it looked to me like
site:stage-deploy had very little working functionality.

I ended up with a "local" profile in my settings.xml that overrode
the site location to somewhere on my machine and running
mvn site:site site:deploy -Plocal

     <profile>
         <id>local</id>
         <properties>
             <deploy.altRepository>djencks::default::file:///Users/
david/staging-repo/${siteId}</deploy.altRepository>
             <gpg.passphrase>---------</gpg.passphrase>
         <staging.siteURL>file:///Users/david/staging-site</
staging.siteURL>
         </properties>
     </profile>

the urls etc in the poms use these variables

     <url>http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/${siteId}/${version}</url>
     <distributionManagement>
         <site>
             <id>geronimo-website</id>
             <url>${staging.siteURL}/${siteId}/${version}</url>
         </site>
     </distributionManagement>

     <properties>
         <siteId>specs/${artifactId}</siteId>

probably there's a better way but this is the best I've thought up so
far.

david jencks