directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Legal files goo
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:40:54 GMT
Thanks to Dan Kulp the new remote-resources bundle consistent with
the apparent policy expressed on legal-discuss on the content of
LICENSE and NOTICE files has been released so I can update the builds
to use them.

I need to know:

- which builds I should update (branches/bigbang? trunk? which
projects?)
- which modules have additional notice requirements beyond the
standard apache notice.  This would typically be because we've copied
over code from some other (probably non-apache) project that has a
NOTICE requirement.

To summarize what we need:
each unit likely to be checked out independently needs a LICENSE and
NOTICE file in svn
everything else (all the maven  generated jars etc) can have a
generated LICENSE and NOTICE file.  The NOTICE file needs to be minimal.

In geronimo I also set up some stuff that made it easier for me to
stage release candidates and maven generated site release
candidates.  I'll look into whether I think this kind of stuff would
be appropriate for apacheds when I look at the legal files setup.

thanks
david jencks