directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Build changes
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:22:31 GMT
I updated the project/bigbang/pom.xml to use the latest maven-remote-
resources-plugin and bundle.  (I've also modified the apacheds and
shared bigbang branches to construct what I think are OK legal files).

I also added a  couple more plugins that should be helpful to check
the project "legal status":

- geronimo maven-tools-plugin.  This verifies that there is a LICENSE
and NOTICE file in every output artifact such as jar, source jar, or
javadoc jar.  I'm surprised this functionality isn't available
anywhere else but AFAICT it isn't.
- maven-rat-plugin.  You run this with mvn rat:check.  I recommend
doing a clean first.  It generates a report target/rat.txt that lists
all the files and whether it thinks there might be something wrong
with them as far as having a license header or suchlike.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. go with the flow, don't fight city hall, etc etc and put the tags
in xxx/tags like everyone else instead of xxx/releases.  This would
let us eliminate the maven-release-plugin configuration everywhere
except project/pom.xml.

2. Put a release profile in project/pom.xml that is similar to the
one maven uses.  Parameterize it something like what I have done for
geronimo so its fairly easy to stage stuff to your people.apache.org
location for votes.  I've written this up for geronimo and it seems
to work, including the stage plugin and staging the site.  http://
cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-release-process.html

thanks
david jencks