directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installers
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:59:47 GMT
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Hi Pierre-Arnaud
>> I started some documentation about the installers here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Draft+-+Apache+DS+Installers+Documentation

I have 3 different profiles I can run in the installers project. Every profile shall generate
installers for the
different OSs.

- suite-installer  (server and studio ?)
- studio-installer (only studio)
- server-installer (only apacheds)

right?

In the server-installer profile (bigbang) I can only find targets to build rpm and exe installer.
On the page mentioned
above you say that of March 2008 installers exists for exe, rpm, deb, bin, pkg. Assuming that
either I'm looking at the
wrong place or it hasn't been checked in yet.

Please tell me if it's better to keep my hands of instead of complicating stuff trying to
go on without having a real
idea what the plugin goals are doing.

Regards
Felix