directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] OR expression optimizations for Cursors and Evaluators
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:59:18 GMT
Hi Alex,

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I just wanted to report and open up for discussion some plans I have
> for changes in the search engine concerning OR expression handling.
> Emmanuel and I have had some IRC conversations about it but I want to
> document it and get feedback from others.  There's also some
> background information available that contrasts these optimizations in
> the documentation.  Here's a reference to it:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Cursors+and+Evaluators+on+Logical+Disjunctions
>
> All ideas, thoughts or suggestions no matter how insane are
> appreciated :).

I have read and checked the wiki page. I have nothing to add, you
perfectly exposed the way the server currently work and how it may work
with cursors. With your // cursors idea, we could see great improvement
in such cases where a filter is a combinaisons of ORs. That's is a
really good idea !

FYI, I'm slowly coming back but I still have some side things to deal with.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com