directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Re: SnapshotRepository for Directory Studio
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:54:46 GMT
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
>> How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
>> changes to our own pom.xml files?
> Thanks for pointing.
> I thought that you only want to use CI server for this (like we do now
> for the reporting deployment). That's way I haven't suggested. My fault.
> Of course I'd be fine and like to deploy the snapshots on p.a.o.
> We have an ssh key for the user continuum on the vm094. Can we copy the
> pub key to the p.a.o to be able to deploy the files directly over there
> from the vm094?
>> (3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds
>> on the CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload
>> them to the standard expected location on
>> <>.  Here's where we keep the snapshot
>> repository:
>> /www/
>> Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven
>> dependency chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same
>> version for ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as
>> these branches are about to die.
>> So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically
>> for SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:

Thinking a bit longer about this I must say that it's nice to have it also in the TLP pom
(you mean
directory/project/trunk/pom.xml, right) but not really useful at all cases. Think about this

- You have a clean local m2 repo
- You checkout apacheds from trunk
=> the pom.xml will have an entry like

Very nice. But where to get this parent pom (snapshot) is configured in exactly this snapshot
--> Chicken - Egg problem.
So we need to configure the location of the snapshot repository in the root pom.xml of the
projects. No matter if we use
vm094 or p.a.o.

> That's also the place where they are tried to be deployed as snapshot
> without any special configuration.
>> This way when projects like studio and apacheds whose builds depend on
>> shared SNAPSHOT, can be checked out separately without having the
>> builds fail.  Maven will automatically pull down the SNAPSHOT
>> dependencies directly from this snapshot repository at Apache.
> Yep. That's why I added the snapshot repository to all those projects
> root pom. If we can use p.a.o I can remove it again. Probably we'll also
> not need the '*-with-dependencies' checkouts anymore.
> Can you put the vm094 pub key from vm094:/home/continuum/.ssh/ to the
> p.a.o server?
> Regards
> Felix

View raw message