directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SnapshotRepository for Directory Studio
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:54:46 GMT
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
>> How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
>> changes to our own pom.xml files?
>
> Thanks for pointing.
> I thought that you only want to use CI server for this (like we do now
> for the reporting deployment). That's way I haven't suggested. My fault.
>
> Of course I'd be fine and like to deploy the snapshots on p.a.o.
>
> We have an ssh key for the user continuum on the vm094. Can we copy the
> pub key to the p.a.o to be able to deploy the files directly over there
> from the vm094?
>

>> (3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds
>> on the CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload
>> them to the standard expected location on people.apache.org
>> <http://people.apache.org>.  Here's where we keep the snapshot
>> repository:
>>

>> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory
>>
>> Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven
>> dependency chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same
>> version for ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as
>> these branches are about to die.
>>
>> So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically
>> for SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:
>>
>>      http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

Thinking a bit longer about this I must say that it's nice to have it also in the TLP pom
(you mean
directory/project/trunk/pom.xml, right) but not really useful at all cases. Think about this
situation:

- You have a clean local m2 repo
- You checkout apacheds from trunk
=> the pom.xml will have an entry like
<parent>
     <groupId>org.apache.directory.project</groupId>
     <artifactId>project</artifactId>
     <version>10-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </parent>

Very nice. But where to get this parent pom (snapshot) is configured in exactly this snapshot
--> Chicken - Egg problem.
So we need to configure the location of the snapshot repository in the root pom.xml of the
projects. No matter if we use
vm094 or p.a.o.

Felix