directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SnapshotRepository for Directory Studio
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:26:45 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> How about a 3rd option that requires zero user configuration and zero
> changes to our own pom.xml files?

Thanks for pointing.
I thought that you only want to use CI server for this (like we do now for the reporting deployment).
That's way I
haven't suggested. My fault.

Of course I'd be fine and like to deploy the snapshots on p.a.o.

We have an ssh key for the user continuum on the vm094. Can we copy the pub key to the p.a.o
to be able to deploy the
files directly over there from the vm094?

> (3) Generate all Directory sub-project snapshots, studio and apacheds on
> the CI server which occurs regularly on each build, then upload them to
> the standard expected location on people.apache.org
> <http://people.apache.org>.  Here's where we keep the snapshot repository:
>

> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory
>
> Which btw has been blown away by me.  I did this to prevent maven
> dependency chaos when we have multiple branches all using the same
> version for ApacheDS.  However this is not so much of a worry now as
> these branches are about to die.
>
> So our pom.xml project for the TLP is setup to look here automatically
> for SNAPSHOT jars via the web URL for this folder here:
>
>      http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

That's also the place where they are tried to be deployed as snapshot without any special
configuration.

> This way when projects like studio and apacheds whose builds depend on
> shared SNAPSHOT, can be checked out separately without having the builds
> fail.  Maven will automatically pull down the SNAPSHOT dependencies
> directly from this snapshot repository at Apache.

Yep. That's why I added the snapshot repository to all those projects root pom. If we can
use p.a.o I can remove it
again. Probably we'll also not need the '*-with-dependencies' checkouts anymore.

Can you put the vm094 pub key from vm094:/home/continuum/.ssh/ to the p.a.o server?

Regards
Felix