directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <Seriously ;-) />
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:42:28 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>>     I run the full build, on shared, apacheds, daemon and installers.
>>
>>     I removed the maven repository before building the projects.
>>
>>     All went fine ...
>>

> I really feel like a newbie.
Don't. This happens. The fact is that Alex and me had to checkout and
build the server to check, whichh is a proof that we toke your message
seriously, instead of bashing you as a newbie.
> I can build it now too. Although 'svn up' and 'svn diff -rHEAD' didn't
> show any differences I had testfailures. It only worked after doing a
> full new 'svn co' for apacheds.

I already got such errors when building. FYI, when I try to do a full
build, starting on bigbang-with-dependencies, with the options you
picked (clean install -Dintegration), I got OOM errors at some point. We
need to extend the memory used by maven, especially the permgen memory)

> Do we need to have the CI to do always a new full checkout of the code
> instead of just updating from svn?
Avoid a full check out. We will be black listed by the ASF quickly :) I
would suggest that once a week, we do a full clean (remove the repo,
check out the full code, and build the code)

May be a complete check out once a day is acceptable, but you have to
ask infra before.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny