directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions about CI
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:51:15 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>

>>  - - How often shall a build be done (compile/test, sitegeneration)
>>

> We have many possible options. We tried something like kicking CI
> after each commit, but it leads to issues (usually, we don't commit
> code in one big shot, so it launch the integration test more than
> once...). I would favor a daily build (every night, something like 6am
> UTC to be sure that nobody in europe or USA are impacted.

Ok. In fact nobody should impacted whenever you do a build because it's
only running on the CI server.

ATM I'm doing 2 different builds for each project:
1. mvn clean install (here we'd use -Dintegration) -> this build will
throw build/test errors
2. mvn clean site-deploy -> this build will generate and deploy the
site/reports

If wanted to deploy also snapshot 'releases' it should be done under 1.

>  and
>
>>  which params shall be used for which project?
>>
> -Dintegration test seams to be mandatory. We may need some more, like install.
>

> It could be also a good think to generate nighty builds, implying
> generating some packages. To be checked.
>
>>  - - Where shall nag mails from continuum goto?
>>

> a limited list of persons. Like the interested committers. I would
> suggest the following list :
> - alex
> - stefan S
> - stefan Z
> - pierre-arnaud
> - me
> - david

I created a small page in the wiki on the CI server. So everybody having
access there can login to continuum as admin and setup his own account.
He's then also able to add himself to the nag list of a specific
project. I think that's the easiest way to go.
People not having acces to the wiki can drop a request to the dev list
for beeing added.

Just feel free to have a look at it (link in the wiki page). The setup
for continuum ATM is that everybody has access to the build logs but
can't change or force a build - you'll need to login to do that.

Felix