directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ldif loader move ?
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:24:08 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> <snip/>
>
>     Alex, can you confirm we are not totally off rails ?
>

> No these are some good ideas.  I like David's idea of making it a
> separate configurable component.  However I also think it's going to
> change a lot as we remove JNDI from the picture with the final steps
> in the big bang refactoring.
True. Even JNDI is not the major key point here, as soon as JNDI won't
be present anymore, we will have a better vision.

> Might not be worth messing with it until the dust settles unless there
> is something that the present configuration prevents us from doing.
Right now, I just asked because there is a comment in the code I found
interesting :
    //
    // From CoreContextFactory: presently in intermediate step but these
    // methods will be moved to the appropriate protocol service eventually.
    // This is here simply to start to remove the JNDI dependency then
further
    // refactoring will be needed to place these where they belong.
    //

> All these big bang refactorings are going to shift many things
> especially at the end when all the aspects are snapped in place.
Sadly, I don't expect things to magically snap in place ! But there is a
timing to complete a puzzle : first find the corners and the sides,
complete the sides, etc...

So it's not urgent, as far as we know something should be done... It has
just to be agreed on and put somewhere in the roadmap :)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com